Product Description‘Slide in the drive, hook-up the USB cable to the computer, turn it on, and start moving files’ – The QZ USB 3.1 SATA Hard Drive Dock is as easy as it is said. No drivers to install, no tools required, made of top quality components this hard drive dock is designed for convenience and performance.
- Supports all 2.5”/3.5” SATA I, II, III HDD/SSD/Hybrid drives of any capacity
- Support SATA III (6Gbps) / SATA II (3Gbps) / SATA I (1.5Gbps)
- Incorporated with ASMedia ASM1153E chipset for best performance and wider compatibility.
- UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) support for even faster drive data transfer performance, up to 20%, (UASP requires UASP capable host controller and OS).
- Easy installation, no tools or drivers required
- Power button for powering off drive when not in use. Drive sleeps automatically on OS power events or 10 minutes of idle.
- LED indicates power status and data activity
- SuperSpeed USB 3.1 support data transfer rates up to 5 Gbps (actual rate depend on drive specifications and computer USB host controller)
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0, USB 1.1 at their native speed
- Plug and play, supports hot swap
The following Seagate SATA drive models may require a firmware upgrade, downloadable from the Seagate official site, before use: ST3000DM001/9YN166/3TB ST2500DM001/9YN16L/2.5TB ST2000DM001/9YN164/2TB ST1000DM003/9YN162/1TB ST500DM005
- QZ USB 3.1 SATA Hard Drive Dock
- 1m USB 3.1 cable
- 12V 2A AC power adapter
- Welcome Guide
Why my drive gets hot during use?
It is normal for drives to become hot (50 ⁰C) during use.
Why am I experiencing slower data transfer rate than 5Gbps?
The USB 3.0 transfer rate is 5Gbps. Several variables could affect the USB transfer rate - drive specifications and computer USB host controller.
To achieve USB 3.0 speeds, you must have a USB 3.0 controller in your laptop or desktop, with available ports. The USB 3.0 standard specifies that port connectors will be blue, so it’s easy to identify them.
Microsoft Windows systems should install latest manufacturer USB 3.0 host controller drivers and Windows Updates for best results. Apple Mac OS X systems require latest operating system updates for best compatibility.
The product, however, is backward compatible with USB 2.0 so you can use or move the docking station to any USB-capable computer, and have it work at full function, just at their native speeds USB 2.0 Hi-Speed devices (rates up to 480Mbps), and USB 1.1 Full/Low Speed devices (rates 12/1.5 Mbps)
What sizes of SATA drives are supported?
QZ USB 3.0 SATA Hard Drive Dock has been tested with drives up to 6TB.
Note that particular operating systems may have their own limits. For example, Windows XP limits drive size to 2TB per partition.
Will this hard drive dock work with USB 3.0 Hubs?
We recommend connecting the QZ USB 3.0 SATA Hard Drive Dock directly to a USB 3.0 port on your computer for best results. The ASMedia chipset is a solid performer, and does usually work with hubs but because of issues that can occur between different manufacturers USB 3.0 systems and USB 3.0 hubs we recommend connecting this hard drive dock directly if you experience any problems.
Why isn’t the dock visible under ‘My Computer’ when I plug it in?
The issue may have caused due to these reasons:
- Conflicting drive names. If the hard drive has been used on a different computer and was given the name C: then it will cause conflicts if the computer it is currently being used with already has a drive named C:. Go to ‘Computer Management’, select “Disk Management’, locate the external hard drive, and then assign a different name to it.
- The hard drive may have been configured to operate with another OS. Formatting hard drive could resolve this issue